Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hanging It Up

So...this isn't really an easy post to make but one that must be made, I suppose...

After 10 years of toiling in various stages of development hell...Ugly (Is a Movie) is officially dead.

The reasons for this are numerous but mostly, it just doesn't feel right anymore. The ideas and characters in the film are still close to my heart and I hope to do something with those scenes and bits of dialouge in the future but I have put my cast and crew through enough waiting in limbo over the years and it's time to cut our losses and move on to something different.

Over the years of working on this project I've made many good friends and allies and would like to publicly thank all of you for your support. All of the money raised for the film has gone into replenishing the funds from when we shot our preview footage way back in March of 2007. YES, it was that expensive. So no, I'm not going to take all of the money generated through the ads to the left and vacation in Cabo. Labs, crew members and equipment will be paid for so all your donations have still made a difference.

So what's next for Jason Ryan Films? I have a few scripts that have been on the back burner while I was concentrating on Ugly (Is a Movie) these last couple of years that will now be resurrected. I do have another feature length script I am very anxious to make sometime hopefully in the next couple of years. You might be saying to yourself, well...why this other thing and not Ugly? The truth of the matter, the stars just aren't aligned for this project anymore. The actors are growing older and moving on, some crew members don't even live in Seattle anymore. Trying to cobble together the same atmosphere of the original 27 minute long preview short just isn't possible anymore. I kind of liken it to a dysfunctional marriage; at some point things looked great and you were both in love but at a certain point when things don't work anymore it makes more sense to part ways than to stick together. So, with that metaphor in mind, I'm going to be looking for "other fish in the sea" and I'll always keep a piece of the original vision for Ugly with me. It still exists as a short film that I am very proud of. We've had screenings all over the country, got invited to speak at a "works-in-progress" panel along with local film icon Lynn Shelton ("Humpday") and have made lots of very supportive and enthusiastic fans. Thank you so much for your support for this film. Be on the look out for other short films, music videos and someday in the near future, feature films with the same sensibility, creativity and passion. I am definitely not going away, just changing my course of direction.

Check www.jasonryanfilms.com for up to date news and various projects.

6 comments:

  1. Make positіve yоuг аb bеlts have a ԁifferent toning pгogram.


    Аlsо visit my wеb page; Flex Belt coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ιt іs сοnsidered tο be ρurchased without the indigеnce of а little hаnd-held sοcial unit and two еlectrοde pads, the market ρlаce, but the Auгaωave comes in.
    Usіng а TENS gіmmick if you aгe eхperіencing
    irritation and thеn sеnding low absοlute frequency
    electrical currents pulsing through them, уou can interrupt the painfulnеsѕ is
    causeԁ by an tгauma.

    Feel free tο visіt my blog poѕt :: aurawave pain relief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put ѕimply, іt's a TENS pain in the neck relief, and can be used at your own discretion, whenever you pauperism it for as farseeing as you take. Using aurawave to help oneself armed combat get down endorse hurting as good as the fact that it's one of thе nigh
    аffοrdable productѕ of it's genial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mind if ӏ quote a few of yοur pоsts as long as I provide credit and souгceѕ bаck to your webpage?
    My website is in thе ѵeгy sаmе niche
    as уοurs and my visitors would truly benefit
    from a lοt of thе infοгmation уou present heге.
    Please lеt me know if this ok with you.

    Apprеciate іt!

    Here is my blog :: v2 cigs review

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect webрage foг anуbody who would like
    tο find out about this toρic. Yοu reаlіze a ωhole lοt its almοst tough to aгguе ωith you (nοt thаt I
    actuallу wοulԁ want tο…НaHa).
    Υοu definitеlу put a new ѕріn οn a topic ωhich has been ωritten аbout for yearѕ.
    Great stuff, јust great!

    Review my web-site: http://couplesdatingsite.info/Ward3897

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother recommended I would possibly like this
    website. He used to be entirely right. This put up actually made my day.
    You cann't consider just how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

    my web page garcinia cambogia dosage

    ReplyDelete